[gdal-dev] adding georeferencing information

Jean-Claude Repetto jrepetto at free.fr
Thu Sep 22 08:26:34 EDT 2011

Le 22/09/2011 13:37, Jan Hartmann a écrit :
> Found the answer to this one: use the "listgeo" and "geotifcp" utilities
> from the Geotiff library (http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/). They are not
> included in the gdal utilities, so you need them install them yourself.
>
> Jan

There is a new GDAL utility program, that has been added recently into
trunk by Even, for that purpose.
It works for ECW files, but I don't know if it works with Tiff files.
Its name is gdal_edit.py :

Usage: gdal_edit [--help-general] [-a_srs srs_def] [-a_ullr ulx uly lrx lry]
                  [-tr xres yres] [-unsetgt] [-a_nodata value]
                  [-mo "META-TAG=VALUE"]*  datasetname

Edit in place various information of an existing GDAL dataset.

Jean-Claude