[gdal-dev] PostgreSQL

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Thu Sep 22 11:48:29 EDT 2011

Hi List,

I'm using ogr2ogr to convert (and reproject) data from shapefile to PG,
if I use insert statements the null dates are not a problem, but if I
set PG_USE_COPY=YES, then I get errors:

ERROR 1: COPY statement failed.
ERROR:  date/time field value out of range: "0000/00/00"
CONTEXT:  COPY parcelannov2, line 18, column recorded: "0000/00/00"

Inserts are really slow, so I'd love to use copy instead.

On another layer, regardless of insert/copy, I'm getting:

ERROR:  numeric field overflow
DETAIL:  A field with precision 19, scale 11 must round to an absolute
value less than 10^8.
CONTEXT:  COPY poltwppoly, line 1, column shape_area:
"1005965403.24000000954"

I'm using: GDAL 1.9dev, released 2011/01/18

I can make the shapefiles available if it would be of help.  Is there
anything else I can do/try/offer?

Thanks,

-Andy