[gdal-dev] EPSG 7.9 Upgrade in Trunk

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 29 03:03:57 EDT 2011

Folks,

I have upgraded libgeotiff, PROJ.4 and GDAL with EPSG definitions regenerated
from the EPSG 7.9 database.  New "preferred datum shift selection" rules are
also in place which will give preference to 7 parameter datum shifts over
3 parameter datum shifts are also in place causing a fair amount of churn
in the definitions.

The updates are in "trunk" for each of the projects.  I plan to produce
libgeotiff and PROJ.4 release candidates soon with the new definitions
so if you think you might have objections please investigate and speak
up promptly.