[gdal-dev] EPSG 7.9 Upgrade in Trunk

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 04:36:24 EDT 2011

On 09/29/2011 10:54 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
> Selon Frank Warmerdam<warmerdam at pobox.com>:
>
> Frank,
>
> There might be further actions needed as far as GDAL (and libgeotiff perhaps ?)
> is concerned according to ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4223 : "Next
> time the EPSG database is updated, note that a Krovak parameter has been renamed
> (and renumbered)."

I'm also concerned/worried. I haven't checked the latest update
mentioned below yet but in general I've had a hard time lately with
transformations involving datum changes. That is because some software
(proj4 I think) requires nowadays explicit towgs zeros in some cases and
many projection definitions don't have them. I'm not sure this is the
same issue than the new rules Frank mentions. In general I've had to
tinker with QGIS EPSG databases, PostGIS installation files etc, and the
strings spatialreference.org has given hasn't been good in this respect.
I don't have a very clear picture of the issue, sorry, I've dealt with
it as I've hit problems.

Best regards,

Ari