[gdal-dev] GDALPolygonize() Duplicate Geometry

barryfx bfoust at ittvis.com
Thu Sep 29 11:25:02 EDT 2011

I'm using the GDAL 1.6.2  GDALPolygonize() function to convert a raster image
to vector format.  I'm then saving that off to an ESRI Shapefile.  The
resulting shapefile has a polygon with an inner ring (a hole).  The
shapefile also has an additional polygon with an exterior ring the size and
shape of the hole.  When viewed in ArcMAP it looks like the hole is filled
in, but if you delete the extra hole sized plolygon, the hole in the larger
polygon displays as expected.  I tried this with GDAL 1.8.1 with the same
result, so it is not a version issue.  Any help would be appreciated.