[gdal-dev] Slow writing into Spatialite with -skipfailures

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Apr 4 13:16:34 EDT 2012

Even Rouault wrote:

>Selon Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I had to write a million polygon shapefile into Spatialite with -skipfailures
>> and I noticed that it was very many times slower that without -skipfailures.
>> Is
>> there some logical reason for that or could it be due to a bug or something?
>> Only thing that comes into my mind is that if the -gt parameter is taken into
>> account or not.

> This is expected. When you use -skipfailures, the -gt parameter is ignored and
> virtually set to 1 so that transactions only take into account one single
> feature at a time.

Well, doing 1.1 million transactions for Spatialite db is too slow. Any suggestions about how to clean the shapefile fast and effectively beforehand? The shapefile is created by ogr2ogr, from Oracle table into shapefile. I have used -nlt multipolygon in both runs (Oracle -> shapefile, shape ->Spatialite).

-Jukka Rahkonen-