[gdal-dev] Slow writing into Spatialite with -skipfailures

Martin Chapman chapmanm at pixia.com
Wed Apr 4 15:01:29 EDT 2012

Try to execute this query before you start inserting:

"PRAGMA synchronous = 0;"

It turns synchronous writes off for sqlite and give a big performance
increase.  I don't know if that will work for spatialite but it might.
You need to read about the ramifications on the sqlite web site first
though so you understand the trade-offs.  Also, it may have no effect when
using it via gdal.  I can't answer that one.

Martin