[gdal-dev] version mixup on ubuntu 10.04

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Wed Apr 11 04:16:02 EDT 2012

Hi,
I seem to have a mixup with different versions of gdal

> ogr2ogr --version
> ogr2ogr: /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1: no version information available
> (required by ogr2ogr)
> ERROR 1: ogr2ogr was compiled against GDAL 1.9 but current library
> version is 1.8
>
> zls at gs0:~$ which ogr2ogr
> /usr/bin/ogr2ogr

I think some time back I installed QGIS, etc.
More recently I downloaded gdal 1.9 and compiled it, only to get the
above problem.
I then used apt-get remove to clean up, re-installed gdal 1.9 and still
the same problem.

How do I clean up entirely, so that I can get a clean install?

If I re-install QGIS etc, using apt, can I then upgrade the gdal part of
this install to 1.9?

Or do I uninstall QGIS totally and then run only with gdal.
(I hardly ever use QGIS in Linux, but often use the gdal/ogr command
line utilities)

TIA,
Zoltan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
Western Cape, South Africa.

34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E

Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za