[gdal-dev] gdal_translate custom binary image format

vonengel vonengel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:39:23 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

I am quite new with gdal, and I am using it (or to be precise gdal2tiles) to
create a quadtree representation of large panoramic images (for further
out-of-core rendering). I now got a large dataset (300000x30000) in a simple
binary format (The 8bit RGB information is simply stored in sequential
order).
Is it possible to use gdal_translate to read and process the data?
Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
David