[gdal-dev] Re: geoTiff to tiles

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Apr 23 02:10:45 EDT 2012

len lee <noura.salem.shamsi <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am working with 2gb large geotiff image.I need convert the large geoTiff to
tiles  (about 250x250 pixels) with c++ language;i dont wanna read the whole
geotiff file since it is gonna be real slow .. i want to get the tiles according
to geographic position and i am not sure exactly how to do it or what sort of
utilities i should use within gdal;I'm neither an expert on GeoTIFFs nor GDAL,
and I greatly appreciate the assistance!

Perhaps gdal2tiles could give you some inspiration
http://gdal.org/gdal2tiles.html

-Jukka Rahkonen-