[gdal-dev] Re: OFTReal values truncated to integer

diegogb diego.gnesi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 19:15:55 EDT 2012

When I open the dbf file with LibreOffice Calc, the value of the Elev field
is 1.
*If I open the same file with GHex, the value, represented in ASCII, is
"1,3"*, so I think that you're right and GDAL uses my local settings and
writes reals using the comma to separate the decimal digits from the integer
part.
If the supposition is correct, it's a serious serious bug, because an
Italian user could execute a program based on gdal and get approximated
results with no error or warnings!
Tomorrow I'll make experiments changing my local settings.
Are there some Italian users who experimented the same issue?