[gdal-dev] tool to create/edit srs wkts

Ramiro Gonzalez ramirogonzalez at suremptec.com.ar
Wed Aug 1 05:52:28 PDT 2012

Hi

I’m building a tool to create/edit projected srs, geographic srs, datums
and spheroids and save them as WKTs.  I’m already using
‘ogr/SpatialReference’.

Then I’d like to use the new WKTs with gdal/ogr. Here are some questions:

 * Image/vector drivers construct WKT from information in the image/vector
or they also use information in gdal csv files (gcs.csv, datum.csv, …) ?

   If they use the csv files:

    i. Is there any way to add the new WKTs to gdal data(even if I have to
add them every time I open my application)

    i. If someone wants to overwrite an existing srs(Same authority:code
but different content). Can I change the definition in GDAL.

 * What functionality may stop working with an image projected to a new srs.

Thanks.