[gdal-dev] Potential thrashing on Band #

Jay L. jzl5325 at psu.edu
Wed Aug 8 09:01:33 PDT 2012

List,

I am receiving the "Potential thrashing on bans x of <image> message doing
some image manipulation using the python bindings.

I am manually setting the cache to 1GB and calling band.FlushCache().  I am
also reading the image at either the block size or multiples of the block
size.

What other techniques exist to reduce the potential to have band thrashing?
 The RasterIO call is the curent bottleneck and I thrashing is not helping
at all.

Best,
Jay