[gdal-dev] Vaisala IRIS format driver

Roger Veciana i Rovira rveciana at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:46:44 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have almost finished a GDAL driver for the weather radar format
IRIS, from the VAISALA company.
The documentation about the IRIS system and format can be found here:
http://www.vaisala.com/en/meteorology/products/weatherradars/Pages/IRIS.aspx

I can submit the files with the X/MIT licence, and I've tested the
driver with both Linux and Windows.

By now, I have tested the driver with the following radar products:

PPI (reflectivity and speed)
CAPPI
RAIN1
RAINN
TOPS
VIL
MAX

The driver reads the ellipsoid (although the format doesn't provide
its name), and can work, currently, with Azimuthal Equidistant and
Mercator projections.

Does somebody else in the GDAL community finds this driver interesting?
I am looking for more sample files, since I've tested only the ones
from the radar network I work with. Could somebody provide me few to
test? I would appreciate specially checking other projections, not
implemented only because I haven't got the sample files.
Does somebody works with a product not listed above?

If somebody sends me some file or has some comment, I'll try to
implement it before uploading the files into the Trac.

Roger