[gdal-dev] SQL Server Driver

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:37:11 PDT 2012

Hi,

Assuming you refer to the MSSQL driver the driver should provide fast data
retrieval, but hasn't yet been optimized to provide fast data upload.
Currently the MSSQL driver use WKT for the geometries when submitting data
to the server, while when retrieving data we use the native
SqlGeometry/SqlGeography serialization format.

Not sure what you mean by "do not do bulk insert". How your own routine is
looking like? Is this a .NET based program (using SqlGeometry by default)?

Best regards,

Tamas