[gdal-dev] RPFTOC driver question

Martin Chapman chapmanm at pixia.com
Sat Aug 25 20:45:11 PDT 2012

Even,

I have an RPF dataset (CIB 5Meter in Zone 1) that will not display using
the RPFTOC driver because on line 605 of file
gdal19\gdal\frmts\nitf\rpftocdataset.cpp in function
RPFTOCProxyRasterDataSet::SanityCheckOK(GDALDataset* sourceDS) the line of
code:

WARN_CHECK_DS(fabs(adfGeoTransform[GEOTRSFRM_TOPLEFT_X] - nwLong) <
1e-10); Fails.

Where:

adfGeoTransform[GEOTRSFRM_TOPLEFT_X] = 32.036011080332401

and

nwLong = 32.036035630999997

which equals -0.000024550667596

and is then greater than 1e-10.

I was wondering why this sanity check is there?  Do you think I have some
bad frame files or a bad toc file?  If so, why would you reject the entire
boundary from rendering?

By the way, thanks a ton for creating this driver.

Best regards,

Martin