[gdal-dev] autoreconf fails

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Aug 28 05:45:55 PDT 2012

Selon Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:

Did you try autogen.sh ?

$ less gdal/autogen.sh
#!/bin/sh
set -x
#libtoolize --force --copy
aclocal -I ./m4
# We deliberately do not use autoheader, since it introduces PACKAGE junk
# that conflicts with other packages in cpl_config.h.in (FrankW)
#autoheader
autoconf

But I'm indeed not sure how this behaves with new versions of autoconf /
libtool. The autoconf version used to regenerate configure from configure.in is
2.68, and I personnaly avoid using libtool.

I believe that you likely need to replace the libtool.m4 in the m4 directory
with a more recent version that is consistant with your system libtool 2.4.2.
The latest svn entry for that file is indeed :

"""
$ svn log gdal/m4/libtool.m4
r22256 | warmerdam | 2011-04-29 21:05:48 +0200 (Fri, 29 Apr 2011) | 1 line

update to libtool 2.4
"""

If you confirm that it works, we'll probably need to upgrade in SVN.