[gdal-dev] Compile GDAL with HDF4 and Shapefile-Support (64bit)

David1980 dleimbach at zebris.com
Tue Aug 28 06:29:05 PDT 2012

@Jeff McKenna:
I know this 2 pages, but it didnt help me. Im afraid the tips there are to
short for me because the authors thought every reader would know things I
simply dont know. ;)
(e.g.: "If your OS distribution already contains prebuilt HDF library you
can use one from the distribution. " -> Which files do I have to search to
find out if I have a distribution ? )

@Even Rouault:
If I try to show OGR-drivers in my C#-project, I get the following error:
The type-initialiser for "OSGeo.OGR.Ogs" has caused an exception.
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: The entry point
"CSharp_OLCDeleteField_get" was not found in the DLL "ogr_wrap".
at OSGeo.OGR.OgrPINVOKE.OLCDeleteField_get()
at OSGeo.OGR.Ogr..cctor()
(translated from German by myself)

My code for that:
(..)
//Without Ogr.RegisterAll() it works fine:
Ogr.RegisterAll();
(..)
for (int i = 0; i < Ogr.GetDriverCount(); i++)
     Console.WriteLine(Ogr.GetDriver(i).name);
(..)

What could cause this exception, anyboy tried to use the FWTools-GDAL via C#
?
The same code works with other GDAL-versions incl. Shapefiles, so I never
thought about the possibility that something is wrong here. I always thought
that happens because FWTools was only build for raster images, but if it has
Shapefile-support build in, it could be sufficent for now. :)
(Its an old GDAL 1.7 32bit, so sooner or later we might need a newer one,
but for now I would be glad if I had at least one version that works with
both filetypes)