[gdal-dev] EPSG 8.0 Upgrade

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Dec 7 11:03:05 PST 2012

Jeremy,

Unfortunately I do not automatically pickup references to grid shift files
from the EPSG database.  To the extent these are supported it is
accomplished by special hackery. In fact skimming the epsg file, I think
the only datum for which grid shift files are used *by default* is NAD27.
Perhaps this would be a good time for me to review how to utilize at least
the grid shift files we are distributing with PROJ.4 like ntf_r93.gsb and
nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb.

Hmm, I am getting the impression that nzgd2kgrid0005.grd is actually the
transformation between NZGD2000 and WGS84 and that we would actually need
another file - possibly something like Nzgd49ToNzgd2K.gdc to support
NZGD1949 - is that right?

I'd suggest you file a ticket in the PROJ.4 Trac on this issue with
suggestions on how to proceed.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com