[gdal-dev] EPSG 8.0 Upgrade

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sun Dec 9 00:32:13 PST 2012

Frank

Would it be possible to document which version of EPSG is being used by
setting #define (s) somewhere? It would be very helpful to be able to inform
users that a change may occur, and give them access to the version of the
installed copy? I'll look at thinking of a way, but I think this would make
results more reproducible?

Best wishes,

Roger

Frank Warmerdam wrote
> Jan,
>
> I think the easiest place to see them highlighted is in the changeset
> applied to the PROJ.4 epsg init file:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/changeset/2294
>
> Best regards,
> Frank
>

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Jan Hartmann <

> j.l.h.hartmann@

> > wrote:
>
>>  Hi Frank, where do I find which datums have new datum shift solutions?
>>
>> Jan
>>
>>  On 12/06/2012 01:18 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>
>> Folks,
>>
>> At the request of Howard Butler, I have upgraded PROJ.4, libgeotiff, and
>> GDAL to use the EPSG 8.0 database in development "trunk".
>>
>> This was accomplished, as usual based on the process described here:
>>
>>   http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff/csv/README
>>
>> Amoung other things this will result in some datums having new preferred
>> datum shift solutions.  Upgrade with care.
>>
>> Best regards,

> --

> warmerdam@

> and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Software Developer

-----
Roger Bivand
NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway