[gdal-dev] Multiple pens in OGR feature style

Marco Hugentobler marco at sourcepole.ch
Mon Dec 10 05:22:30 PST 2012

Hi

I'm currently implementing support for OGR feature styles in the QGIS
vector layer export. In QGIS symbology, there is the possibility to
compose a symbol with multiple symbol layers, e.g. a broad black line
with a thin white line on top of it for a road symbol. Is this supported
by the OGR feature styles to have multiple pens / brushes in the same
symbol string?
I tried the style string
'PEN(c:#008000,w:3mm,l:1);PEN(c:#ff0000,w:2mm,l:2)'. However, in a kml
export, only the first style seems to be picked up. So I wonder if there
is something wrong with my style string or if it is not supported by the
feature style mechanism.

Thanks for any hints,
Marco

--