[gdal-dev] Q: on gdalwarp of ecw file

Smith, Michael ERDC-RDE-CRREL-NH Michael.Smith at erdc.dren.mil
Tue Dec 18 03:59:00 PST 2012

I've found setting PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR to allow much higher compression when using jpeg compression in gtifs.

Mike

--
Michael Smith
US Army Corps

From: Jan Hartmann <j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl<mailto:j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl>>
Date: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:47 AM
To: Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi<mailto:jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>>
Cc: "gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>" <gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] Q: on gdalwarp of ecw file

Thanks Jukka, very informative. I'll start with jpeg compressed tiffs and will do additional tests next year. I'm on a Cloud environment nowadays, so it's easy to set up clean VMs for testing. Any suggestions for experiments with different raster formats would be very welcome.

Jan