[gdal-dev] GDAL, Python and PyQt4 bindings on windows

Simon Lyngby Kokkendorff silyko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 16:07:33 PST 2012

Hi Luis,

   I have encountered a similar issue on my machine (win xp sp3 too). I
think what I saw was due to PyQt4 using a version of libmysql.dll, which
gdal is also linked against (dll included in the binaries from Tamas), and
it is crucial which version is found first by windows. Notice that windows
will look in the "current directory" and the directory of the running
application before using the PATH variable. So if ERIC is using a path,
where the PyQt4 version of libmysql.dll is found first, that might cause
the problem. Also it is possible that ERIC manipulates the PATH env.
variable (try to type os.environ["PATH"]) in order to locate the right
dll's in its own context.

  Cheers.
  Simon