[gdal-dev] Ignore geometry_columns table in VRT

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Dec 31 12:05:58 PST 2012

Le lundi 31 décembre 2012 20:44:07, Tyler Mitchell a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I'm building a VRT that connects to an Ingres db to grab some WKT text from
> a text column.  I can run ogrinfo against it just fine, though it
> complains about not finding geometry_columns table (this is a non-spatial
> db example), it still returns all the detailed records.  But in MapServer
> when I connect it actually fails and throws a blocking error.  I did find,
> though, that it worked fine for my point and line layers - but failed on
> my polygon layers.
>
> I'm assuming this is a function of the Ingres driver, but thought I'd ask
> in case someone could recommend a way to override the driver an NOT
> automatically look for a geometry_columns table, since it isn't using it
> anyway.

Just from code looking, I see that the geometry_columns table is queried from
OGRIngresLayer::FetchSRSId(OGRFeatureDefn *poDefn), which is called by
OGRIngresTableLayer::ReadTableDefinition(). There's no way (apart changing the
code of course!) to disable that query. But I'm not clear why a failure of it
would cause MapServer to misbehave if ogrinfo works.