[gdal-dev] Ignore geometry_columns table in VRT

Tyler Mitchell tyler.mitchell at actian.com
Mon Dec 31 14:59:48 PST 2012

On 2012-12-31, at 2:03 PM, Brent Fraser wrote:

> Tyler,
>
>  So using
>
> <GeometryField encoding='WKT' field='myWKT'/>
>
> in the VRT doesn't work when used with Mapserver?

Hi Brent,
Sort of yes, more or less, but upstreams errors from my OGR driver are somehow stopping it.
The main issue is with using a spatial db driver, on a non-spatial db - OGR wants to read the
geometry_columns table but it doesn't exist.  That's the error that's stopping me.  So I'll chalk it
up to a bad driver and work on fixing it that way.

Thanks!
Tyler