[gdal-dev] Issue GDAL with JPEG-compressed TIFFS

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Feb 3 07:41:25 EST 2012

Peter,

Does ELGIS GDAL uses internal libtiff (4.0beta) or external libtiff (3.8 or 3.9)
? I guess it is external libtiff, and then it could explain the issues you have
with overviews and JPEG compression. There have been fixes in libtiff 4 to
better support that situation (multiple IFDs with compression). Altertantively,
you could probably workaround that by generating external overviews (add -ro to
the gdaladdo command line), but no guarantees. By the way, the --config
COMPRESS_OVERVIEW JPEG --config INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW PIXEL --config
JPEG_QUALITY_OVERVIEW 90 options only apply to external overviews, not internal
ones.

http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=mapserver+artefacts+in+raster+gdal&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8,