[gdal-dev] is there a way to concatenate the band in raster file name

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 08:00:18 EST 2012

Paolo,

This feature would have to be driver-specific, so adding it to netcdf
would not benefit other drivers (in fact not all of them support
this).

Some time ago there was a discussion about standardizing the
driver:filename syntax , it seems to have stalled. It could be a nice
addition to have the option band=<band_no> in there.

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2011-October/030305.html
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc36_open_by_drivername

Would it be worth it allowing to select multiple bands (by range or
list) such as NETCDF:file.nc:var:1-2,4
There is a similar request already for selecting multiple bands:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2540

Etienne