[gdal-dev] Unreliable names for temporary files

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Feb 12 16:16:36 EST 2012

Le dimanche 12 février 2012 14:25:07, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I noticed a ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4510 and started to
> wonder if something similar can happen also elsewhere. I have had troubles
> with Mapserver OGR output and they are somehow related to temporary files
> (both physisical and vsimem files). See
> http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ms4w-users/2012-February/001948.html
> for some details.

Jukka,

The issue with the mapfile in http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ms4w-
users/2012-February/001948.html is the default filename. For the CSV driver to
create a single file, you need to change the filename to something ending with
.csv (for example "default_outfile" "out.csv"), otherwise the CSV driver will
create a directory, and when MapServer tries to read the filename, it is
confused because it finds a directory, and not a file.