[gdal-dev] Errors in NITF gdal 1.8.1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Feb 15 17:05:01 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Billy Newman <newmanw10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following warnings/errors when try to open/read NITF files
> using gdal 1.8.1.  Wondering if anyone has seen these before and can tell me
> what they mean.
>
> Warning 1: Block start for block 0 is wrong. Retrying with one extra byte
> shift.
>
> Error 1: For <file_path>, assert sizeX == ds_sizeX failed.
>
> I don't remember seeing this issue with 1.7.3.

Billy,

The message about ds_sizeX comes out of the RPFTOC parser
and presumably relates to the NITF tile size not matching the size
expected from the TOC though I'm not familiar with this code.

I'd suggest trying again with 1.9.0 and see if things work there.
If not, if you can provide the data Even or I could likely look into
the issue.