[gdal-dev] gdal post - boundary polygone for rectified images

Gianluca Cantoro gianluca.cantoro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 04:15:33 EST 2012

Dear All,
I learned from QGIS how to automate the georeferencing of raster file using
gdal.
Actually I "inject" a series of gcp to a jpg and I warp it with gdalwarp.
I was wondering if there is a similar procedure for a vector file (shp, kml
or... whatever else), depicting the boundary of the raster (from 0,0
starting coordinate before the rectification), to be rectified with the new
GroundControlPoints I provide.
Or if just there is a way to create a vector file showing the boundary of
the rectified image.
What I am searching is a script in "gdal style" in order to automate the
procedure for several rasters without further user input.
Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Cheers,
Gianluca