[gdal-dev] learning GDAL with C/C++

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 21 15:08:50 EST 2012

Joseph,

I'd start with http://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html, the general purpose
API tutorial.  It isn't comprehensive, but I think it is fairly good for the
areas covered.

Note that GDAL does not directly help with distributed processing.  I
assume this is what you mean by running on a cluster.  You could
take care of farming out chunks yourself or have each process on the
cluster use GDAL to read chunks, but be cautious about writing to
one file from multiple processes.

Best regards,
Frank