[gdal-dev] Multi image segments in NITF file

Livneh Yehiyam yehil at rafael.co.il
Wed Feb 22 04:41:34 EST 2012

Hi
Another NITF question.
I want to create an NITF file with more than one image segment. I used the INUM create option to specify the number of image segments.
Gdalinfo reports the correct number of sub datasets.
I've noticed that all of the sub-datasets are created in the same size and pixel format as the main dataset, while the NITF specification permits different size and pixel format.
Is there a way to specify these parameters for sub-datasets (image segments), either when creating the file, or afterwards?

Another question is how do I write data to these sub-datasets? Just use Gdal.Open with the sub-dataset name and rasterIO as usual?

Thanks
Yehiyam Livneh

This message (including any attachments) issued by RAFAEL- ADVANCED DEFENSE SYSTEMS LTD.
(hereinafter "RAFAEL") contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, may
constitute information that is privileged or confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should contact us immediately and thereafter delete this message from your
system. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or forwarding of this
message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify us immediately by e-mail mailto:lawraf at rafael.co.il and completely delete or destroy any and all
electronic or other copies of the original message and any attachments thereof.