[gdal-dev] undefined symbol error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 23 13:13:15 EST 2012

Jerl,

I would imagine you are building GDAL against modern PROJ.4
include files but linking against an older (4.7.0 or older) PROJ.4
shared library.  Likely you have another libproj.so in /usr/lib in
addition to the one in /usr/local/lib.

By the way, why are you using --with-static-proj4?
If you were to use the dynamic libproj.4 loading (the default) a
mismatch between build and runtime would not actually be a problem
because the dynamic loader adapts to the version of the shared
library it ends up manually loading.

Best regards,
Frank