[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr GML creation encoding issue

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:49:13 EST 2012

I have a PostGIS / PostgreSQL database (UTF8) containing OSM data that
was imported using osm2pgsql.  I have been extracting GML subsets of
the data using ogr2ogr.  I am having issues with the encoding of the
resultant GML files, the attribute strings have invalid UTF8
characters.

My Command
ogr2ogr -f GML -t_srs EPSG:4326 -s_srs EPSG:900913 -nln administrative
planet_osm_polygon_boundary_administrative.gml PG:'dbname=osmdb
user=osm' -sql "SELECT admin_level, name, way FROM planet_osm_polygon
WHERE boundary = 'administrative')"

Regards