[gdal-dev] Strange behaviour of gdal_translate with ECW on linux (libecw 3.3)

Sylvain MAFFREN sylvain.maffren at crige-paca.org
Tue Feb 28 04:52:03 EST 2012

Hi,

And thanks for your tests ! For those who want to make some tests with
the same file than me (tiff RGB - 293 Mo),I published it on a FTP server :

Adress : ftp://interne.crige-paca.org
Login : gdaldevecw
Password : ftc65*gt

I also published in this FTP the comparative table of my tests and
results. I agree with Jean-Claude. It could be great to make tests with
the same original file and the same gdal_translate command
(gdal_translate -of "ECW" -co LARGE_OK="YES" -co TARGET="90" -co
DATUM="RGF93" -co PROJ="LMFRAN93" file_in.tif file_out.ecw).

I made some complementary tests on GDAL 1.9 (Windows-Linux-MacOSX /
32-64 bits) and always get the same differencies...

Best regards,

Sylvain