[gdal-dev] Re: Switching from ArcGIS to GDAL

jgamble jgamble3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:33:14 EST 2012

Hey Michael,

Good tips on the GDAL/MapServer combo.  I may have a look into such a setup
for comparison purposes.

At the current moment though, I am in need of a solution that uses ArcGIS
Server as the cache that I create will eventually be incorporated back into
existing tiled services hosted on ArcGIS Server.  I was hoping that there
was a solution that would allow me to incorporate GDAL overviews into an
ArcGIS mosaic dataset, though at the moment I am not sure how to do such a
thing.

I'll keep looking at let you know if I find anything.

Thanks for your suggestion concerning MapServer though ... Seems like a lot
of folks are headed towards alternatives to ArcGIS Server these days.

Cheers,
Jon.