[gdal-dev] WFS and -where with non-ASCII characters

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 03:45:26 EST 2012

Jukka,

I get: ERROR 1: 'Hämeenkylä' not recognised as an available field.

I.e., it seems to not be confused with 'ä' - I'm using a linux, where
the terminal may be better with UTF8. However, the message confused me,
it is coming from OGR SQL engine, and it seems that the engine tries to
parse the constant as a field name.

The fix is to escape ', i.e., \'Hämeenkylä\', which works.

Ari