[gdal-dev] Re: C# bindings - setting up progress delegate for Gdal.Open()

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Tue Jan 3 06:05:45 EST 2012

Hi Even,

I agree. Although it could be possible to meter number of tiles being
received, as we know the total number of tiles. "Granularity" would be
possible to set via single BlockSizeX/Y, i.e. 256x256 pixels would do the
trick.

Also - it's seems strange :-) that GDAL enables metering via
GDALProgressFunc callback during dataset Create phase, and not during
dataset Open phase.

I think I misunderstood your info, but does it mean that GetCapabilities()
gets executed during a call to Gdal.Open() for WMS driver?

Regards,
Maksim Sestic