[gdal-dev] Motion: Promote GDAL 1.9.0RC1 as GDAL 1.9.0 Final

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Jan 3 10:57:45 EST 2012

Selon Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com>:

> On 12-01-01 11:30 AM, Even Rouault wrote:
> >
> > *Last minute* : I've just tested with CentOS 4.7 and CentOS 5.6 and I've
> found
> > a compilation problem with the sqlite driver (and in the GML driver when
> > sqlite3 support is available). Those 2 OS ship with sqlite 3.3.6, but we
> now
> > use various methods that weren't yet available. This is now fixed in trunk
> and
> > 1.9 branch (see http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4418 for details ). Not
> sure
> > if it is worth a RC2.
> >

> A RC2 would sound like a good idea to me, just to make sure all the last
> minute fixes are tested on various platforms before going out the door.

If we decided to release RC1 (which would consist in renaming the
gdal-1.9.0rc1.tar.gz into gdal-1.9.0.tar.gz), the above fixes in the 1.9 branch
would not be included in it, so it won't break for other platforms.

But it might be perhaps interesting to have an RC2 with some of the build fixes
identified by William. I'll try to have a look tonight.