[gdal-dev] OGR-VFK in 1.9

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:06:51 EST 2012

Martin,

My understanding is that you can back-port bugfixes which have bug
entries.  New features and important changes require permission  of
the PSC or release manager and perhaps an RFC.

However, as your changes only affect your driver, I think it would be
easier to commit them to 1.9.0 without an RFC.  It would be easier if
you prepare a small wiki page (similar to RFCs) describing the
changes, and create at least one bug entry.

>From rfc : http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc3_commiters

- Changes should not be committed in stable branches without a
corresponding bug id. Any change worth pushing into the stable version
is worth a bug entry.
- Never commit new features to a stable branch without permission of
the PSC or release manager. Normally only fixes should go into stable
branches.
- New features go in the main development trunk.
- Only bug fixes should be committed to the code during pre-release
code freeze, without permission from the PSC or release manager.
- Significant changes to the main development version should be
discussed on the gdal-dev list before you make them, and larger
changes will require a RFC approved by the PSC.

regards,
Etienne