[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.9.0 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 20 02:11:15 EST 2012

On 12-01-19 11:02 PM, blueriver wrote:
> Are there plans to include FileGDB capability in the source files?
> Recompiling is outside our current abilities.
>
> I don't know if the is the appropriate place to ask, but when will this
> version be included as the GDAL/OGR for QGIS?

Blue River,

The FileGDB driver is already part of the source distribution, but you
need to have the appropriate SDK from ESRI to build it.  We have not
produced a formal 1.9.0 set of binaries for GDAL but Tamas does
maintain a wide set of builds for windows.  I presume those don't
include FileGDB support for licensing reasons.

Note that FileGDB based backported to 1.8 in December (or November?)
sufficiently to produce a FileGDB package for OSGeo4W.  So you could
use that if you don't need any recent fixes.