[gdal-dev] Is this vsi* behavior intended?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Jan 21 17:49:42 EST 2012

Le samedi 21 janvier 2012 23:17:07, Joaquim Luis a écrit :
> On 21-01-2012 21:15, Even Rouault wrote:
> >> Even,
> >>
> >> Thanks for the explanation + fix but I was not aware that the correct
> >> syntax is to use a double slash. The docs does not sate that and in fact
> >> the examples there http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/ReadInZip
> >> show (for example)
> >>
> >> ogrinfo -ro -al -so
> >> /vsizip/vsicurl/http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/autotest/ogr/data/poly.z
> >> ip
> >
> > Yes, there is syntax sugar for combining /vsizip/ and /vsicurl/ where you
> > are not obliged to repeat twice the slash between them, but however it
> > seems not to exist for /vsigzip/ and /vsicurl/.
>
> Ah, and will there be a 'gzsugarizing' op?

Not sure it is worth the effort as /vsigzip and /vsicurl combined are not so
common.

> Also, I forgot ask before. The ACE2 driver says that elevation data is
> return as float but what is the 'NoDataValue' for this?

I don't know if there's an explicit nodata, but you can perhaps derive it from
the source/quality/confidence layer datasets ?

For example :

gdalinfo
/vsigzip//vsicurl/http://tethys.eaprs.cse.dmu.ac.uk/ACE2/links/ACE2_30_SECONDS/ACE2_30S_SOURCE/30N015W_SOURCE_30S.ACE2.gz
-hist -stats