[gdal-dev] Different result from GML with .xsd and .gfs

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sun Jan 22 06:03:02 EST 2012

Hi,

I have been doing conversions from Mapinfo files with iso-8859-1 encoding into
Spatialite by using GML format as an interim format. I have noticed that in I
let ogr2ogr to create .xsd file the conversion of attribute names with
non-ascii characterd does not go in a righ way even if I edit both the .gml
and .xsd fileto have correct encoding in the header line. But if I do not
have .xsd file at all and ogr2ogr creates .gfs file when doing the GML ->
Spatialite conversion the result seems to be correct.

This can be tested with this Mapinfo file
http://latuviitta.org/documents/m_asalue.zip

1. ogr2ogr -f GML testi.gml m_asalue.tab
2. edit encoding header of testi.gml and testi.xsd into iso-8859-1
3. ogr2ogr -f SQLite -dsco spatialite=yes -a_srs epsg:2392 test_1.sqlite
   test.gml
4. delete testi.xsd file
5. ogr2ogr -f SQLite -dsco spatialite=yes -a_srs epssg:2392 test_2.sqlite
   test.gml

When I open testi_1.sqlite with Spatialite-gui it shows one attribute name
in a wrong way but it looks correct in testi_2.sqlite.

-Jukka Rahkonen-