[gdal-dev] Creating DXF with ogr2ogr

Verena Diewald verena.diewald at wheregroup.com
Thu Jan 26 09:02:37 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to create DXF files from a PostgreSQL database using ogr2ogr:

|ogr2ogr -nln my_data -a_srs EPSG||:25832 -s_srs EPSG:25832 -t_srs EPSG:25832 -f "DXF" my_data.dxf PG:'host||=localhost password=xxx user=xxx dbname=MYDB' -sql "SELECT * FROM my_data||"

It works fine with point data, but I get an invalid dxf file for polygon
data. Opening the polygon dxf file results in the following error:

The following error was encountered while reading
in HATCH starting at line 1546:
Error: expected group code 10
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

Do I have to pass any more options to ogr2ogr when creating a polygon
dxf? What did I do wrong?
Does anyone have an idea about that?

Greetings,

Verena