[gdal-dev] OpenJPEG fails with ERDAS JPEG2000 file

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jan 27 16:19:28 EST 2012

Le vendredi 27 janvier 2012 11:09:00, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Here is a link to JPEG2000 image that is created by ERDAS Imagine with
> default settings
>
> http://latuviitta.org/documents/openjump_jpeg2000_erdas.jp2 (30 MB)
>
> It is created with ECW JPEG 2000 SDK v4.2.0.64
> There is nothing odd in the JPEG2000 parameters and Kakadu and a few other
> program I tried are opening the image. Kakadu can also expand the
> image into tiff.
>
> GDAL 1.9 with OpenJPEG driver shows the image metadata correctly. However,
> gdal_translate gives this error and two others.
>
> opj_read_tile_header() failed

The full errors are :
ERROR 1: Cannot read data with no size known, giving up
ERROR 1: Marker is not compliant with its position

Those errors come from openjpeg lib directly. Perhaps worth reporting to
http://groups.google.com/group/openjpeg . Note that the openjpeg v2 branch is
being merged in the openjpeg trunk, so perhaps this has been fixed in there,
but I've not verified.