[gdal-dev] ogr to convert 3D to 2D with height as attribute

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 10:23:42 EST 2012

Zoltan,

ogr2ogr allows using OGR SQL [1]. You can access the geometry in WKT format
and use the SUBSTR function to make reasonable modifications. There are
many more functionalities to OGR SQL. Check out the OGR SQL page and see if
they help.

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_sql.html

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans at geograph.co.za>wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got a few 3D DGN files that wont successfully read into a proprietary
> GIS prog, but do read into QGIS (ie: ogr sub-engine) successfully.
> I have tried using ogr to convert the DGN to a DXF file, but that also
> fails to import into this GIS package.
>
> I could write something to  pick through the DXF file, but I wouldn't want
> to re-invent the wheel.......
>
> The DGN (hence also the qgis DXF) contains 3D lines. All I need is the
> line level and colour numbers, and all the vertice XYZ values as line
> strings.
>

> TIA,
> Zoltan
>
> --
>
> ==============================**=============
> Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
> Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
> P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.
>
> 65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
> Western Cape, South Africa.
>
> 34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E
>
> Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
> Fax: +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584
17.2416N 80.1426E