[gdal-dev] Gdaladdo feels slow with Rasterlite

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Jul 7 08:58:17 PDT 2012

Even Rouault wrote:

>> Feels pretty good but I have an odd problem with a multitable database.  I
>> can only create overviews for the table that was written first into the
>> database.

> Good point. There was indeed an issue with multitable database and overviews.
> Fixed in http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4737

I made a  little test and everything seems to work perfectly now. Resulting tables behave also well in Quantum GIS. A single layer rasterlite db does not make much sense for me because tiled geotiff with overviews is doing the same thing but a db with multiple raster layers together with some useful vector data is interesting both as data delivery format and for off-line usage.

-Jukka-