[gdal-dev] GDAL and Kakadu for MSVC2010 Building error

Zermeno, Robert J CIV NAVAIR, 472100D robert.zermeno at navy.mil
Mon Jul 9 10:11:24 PDT 2012

Ladies and Gents,

I am upgrading my DLLs to all compile with the same CRT and trying to get GDAL to build with Kakadu for MSVC2010.  I have the latest GDAL SVN (7-8-2012) and kakadu v5.2.6.0 (I know it is older, but it works).
I had to use MSVC2010 to update kakadu MSVC2005 and able to successfully build in both debug/release.

I am able to add kakadu to GDAL successfully in release mode, but always get an access violation error (MSVC brings up a malloc file) when performing a simple GDALOpen("jpip://ipAddress/file.jp2").  I want to see what problems are within GDAL but I need to have a debug version.

Each time I try to add kakadu to GDAL in debug mode, I always get this type of error message:

Error LNK2038:mismatch detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL':value '0' doesn't match value '2' in cplkeywordparser.obj.
For files args.obj, palette.obj, and roi_sources.obj

Has anyone encountered this problem?  When I google online, people indicate it is a simple MSVC project upgrade problem when ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL is not set.  It is recommended to not use _SECURE_SCL and _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING.  When I build kakadu coresys (which generates kdu_v52R.dll) and all the required .obj files in apps projects, I add a preprocessor of ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=2

However, I still get the error when compiling both kakadu and GDAL.  Any suggestions you might recommend?

Thanks,
Bob