[gdal-dev] Warp API / gdalwarp: using projection supported by PROJ4, but not explicitly by GDAL?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Jul 13 03:01:21 PDT 2012

> I could certainly do that, but with the '+wktext' mechanism, there is
> no reason to add this patch anymore, is there?

Your patch is a cleaner solution than the +wktext mechanism, which remains
something a bit hacky (although I must admit I had never heard before of that
QSC projection ! and it is probably some niche projection). The advantage of
having it properly recognized is that you can then embed its WKT representation
in a .aux.xml file and all tools using GDAL will be able to deal properly with
it.

But reading again your initial email, I didn't realize that it is not yet
supported in proj, only proposed. So we will wait for it to be committed in PROJ
first before committing its support in GDAL.