[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr and reserved words

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Jul 15 03:07:06 PDT 2012

Selon Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>:

> Ivan Lucena <ivan.lucena <at> princeton-ma.us> writes:
>

> > Hi there,
> >
> > Is there any trick to avoid creating field names with reserved words? For
> example, a DBF from a shapefile can
> > have field names like "long" and other formats may not like it.
>
> Just remembered another example: having an attribute named "ROWID" will make
> spatial index of a Spatialite table unusable.

Having an attribute named "ROWID" will likely make it being used as the primary
key. Not sure why it would break spatial index, but I somehow remember having
skimmed through Sandro's lengthy explanations about that ;-)

> Perhaps Spatilite driver could
> try
> to sanitize it while reading data in?

Yes, perhaps. Just curious : how did you get in the situation where a ROWID
field was found ? Was it with another sqlite/spatialite table in input, or with
a datasource from another driver ?